MS Word has a feature that lets you to encrypt document with a password so that nobody can open the file without supplying the password.
This method can be useful to protect a document that has some confidential information.
Following is the procedure to protect document with password in MS Word 2013.
This question "Write steps for protecting document with password" was asked in PSC Examination for Nepal Oil Corporation 2073 for Senior Assistant post. You can view the complete Question Paper here.
How to Password Protect Word 2013 Document?
- Open the document that you want to protect with password
- Click on File tab and then Info option
- Click on the Protect Document button under Permissions tab.
- Select the Encrypt with Password option.
- You'll be prompted with a dialog box to enter a password. Supply desired password.
- Once again you'll need to confirm the password. Type the same password again.
- Now the password protection is enabled. Save the document to make it permanent.
Video Tutorial on How to Protect a Word Document with Password