A Question from MS Word asked in Nepal Oil Corporation Examination was - What is the procedure of inserting symbols in an MS-Word document?
It was asked for 3 marks and I'm going to present the answer here.
What is the procedure of inserting symbols in an MS-Word document?
MS Word allows you to insert many symbols that you can't type directly through keyboard. The procedure is useful especially when you require to insert symbols such as ® (Registered Mark), © (Copyright Mark) and so on.
Follow the procedure below to insert symbols in your MS Word document:
- Place the insertion line where you wish to insert symbol
- Click on Insert tab to open up its ribbon
- Toward the end of Insert Ribbon you'll find Symbol group. Click the Symbol drop down button to produce the symbol panel.
- Click the required symbol from the panel if it is available there. Otherwise you can click on More Symbols... menu there.
- From the resulting Symbols dialog box, choose required font, Subset and choose the symbol you wish to insert.
- Click on Insert button and then Close button to get rid of the dialog box.
Additionally, you can configure the Auto correct feature or assign shortcut key for the symbol if it is frequently required. Once you set them up, you can insert the symbol directly by typing associated keystrokes on keyboard.
Show your love! Share this page!
MS Word questions are important in a sense that it's included in almost all of the competitive exams based on Computer Basics. Though most of such exams are objective - multiple choice questions, we've seen some job exams asking subjective questions too! This question also was asked in Nepal Oil Corporation exam. You can find other MS Word Questions in this site.