Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.) / Second Semester / Final
Time: 1:30 hrs. Full Marks: 30 / Pass Marks: 12
PaM590: Computer Basics
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as possible.
Figures in hte margin indicate full marks.
Answer TWO questions. (2 x 7 = 14)
- Why primary memory is needed in a computer system? Differentiate between SRAM and DRAM.
- Define an operating system. List different functions of an OS and explain any three of them.
- What do you mean by computer generation? Explain different types of computer generations.
Answer FOUR questions. (4 x 4 = 16)
- Higher the size of the register (word-length), faster the computer's processing speed. How?
- Define database and DBMS. List characteristics of DBMS.
- Differentiate between LAN and WAN
- Explain star topology with its advantages and disadvantages.
- List different secondary storage devices.
- Differentiate between system software and application software.