Employee Fund (Karmachari Sanchaya Kosh) conducted an exam for Computer Operator post level 5 and here is the question paper of written examination, objective questions.
Karmachari Sanchaya Kosh
Open Competition Written Examination
Time: 45 Minutes Level: 5 Service: Technical FM: 50
Part 1, Objective Questions
Select the correct answer and write in answer sheet. (50 x 1 = 50)
1. Sped of Printer is measured in
2. Joystick is …. Kind of device
3. Abbreviation CAD stands for
a. Computer Aided Definition
b. Calculator Aided Design
c. Computerized At Destruction
d. Computer Aided Design
4. In display unit the ratio 1024 x 800 is known as
a. Aspect Ratio
5. ASCI value of character ‘a’ is
6. Which of the following is not the part of the CPU?
a. Arithmetic Logical Unit
b. Control Unit
c. Hard Disk
d. Cache Memory
7. Which of the following is fastest memory?
b. Hard Disk
8. 10 Seconds is equal to
a. 100 milli-sec
b. 0.001 milli-sec
c. 1000 milli-sec
d. 10000 milli-sec
9. POST stands for
a. Public Outlay Software Test
b. Power Outage Survival tool
c. Peripheral Output Standard Terminal
d. Power on Self Test
10. Highest Speed Network Media is?
c. Optical Fiber
11. An IP address in IP v4 is of
a. 2 bytes
b. 3 bytes
c. 4 bytes
d. 6 bytes
12. Which of the following statement regarding the optical fiber is false
a. It is less prone to interference than copper wires
b. It can transmit data to a longer distance than copper wires
c. It is cheaper than copper wire
d. It can support more band-width than copper wire
13. The default subnet mask for the Class 3 networks
14. Which command is used to copy files?
15. To copy the hidden system files of DOS to another disk, you can use the command
16. Which command is used to confirm before deleting the directory?
b. Del *.*/p
d. Erase *.*
17. Which is the best tool for fixing errors on disk?
18. What is the name of the batch file that automatically runs when MSDOS is booted?
19. Which command is used to display a list of deleted files that DOS can undelete
a. Undelete *.*
d. None of the above
20. Which feature of MS Word enables to send the same letter to different persons?
b. mail merge
21. Which of the following is not a font style?
22. Which of the following is used to change margins?
a. Formatting toolbar
b. standard toolbar
c. page setup dialog box
d. paragraph dialog box
23. What is the shortcut key to display field codes?
24. What is placed to the left of horizontal scroll bar
a. Tab stop buttons
b. Split buttons
c. View buttons
25. What is the maximum number of lines set for “lines to drop box”?
26. What is the shortcut key for “Find and Replace” dialog box?
a. Ctrl + F
b. Ctrl + R
c. Ctrl + H
27. What is the shortcut key to “Superscript” the selected text?
a. Ctrl + =
b. Ctrl + Shift + =
c. Ctrl + –
d. Ctrl + shift + –
28. By default, document in MS Word prints with
a. 1 inch top margin
b. 1. Inch bottom margins
c. A portrait orientation
d. All of above
29. What is the shortcut key for spelling check in documents?
30. What is gutter margin?
a. Margin that is added to the left margin when printing
b. Margin that is added to the binding side of page when printing
c. Margin that is added to the right margin when printing
d. Margin that is added to the outside of the page when printing
31. Which of the following is not available in Font spacing?
32. Which feature is used to create a newspaper like document?
a. Bullets & Numbering
d. Tap Stops
33. Which of the following is an absolute cell reference?
34. Getting data from a cell located in a different sheet is called
35. The number of rows in a worksheet of Excel 2003 is
d. None of above
36. Multiple Calculations can be made in a single formula using:
a. Standard Formula
b. Complex Formula
c. Array Formula
d. Smart Formula
37. …. is used to select multiple non-adjacent cell in a worksheet
a. CTRL key
b. Shift key
c. Alt key
d. Tab key
38. Conditional count can be performed using
39. Charts in worksheet itself is known as
a. Embedded chart
b. Inserted chart
c. Implied chart
d. Overlapping chart
40. Invalid Formula category n EXCEL is
41. What is the output of the text function =MID(“regression”, 3,2)?
42. The technique which defines a set of values acceptable for the field is known as
43. Which of the following is the property of Primary key?
44. Technique of displaying only those records that meet the defined criteria is known as
45. Data Definition Language (DDL) includes
a. Creating Table
b. Select Query
c. Data Insert
d. All of above
46. A data manipulation command that combines the records from one or more table is called
47. What is the maximum number of slides that can be printed in a handouts
48. What is the shortcut key to add a new slide in a presentation
b. Ctrl + P
c. Ctrl + M
d. Ctrl + O
49. The arrangement of elements such as Title and subtitle Text, pictures, tables etc. is called
50. What function key is used for slide show
|1 – b||2 – a||3 – d||4 – a||5 – c||6 – c||7 – d||8 – d||9 – d||10 – c|
|11 – c||12 – c||13 – d||14 – a||15 – b||16 – a||17 – c||18 – d||19 – b||20 – b|
|21 – d||22 – c||23 – a||24 – c||25 – b||26 – c||27 – b||28 – d||29 – a||30 – b|
|31 – c||32 – b||33 – a||34 – b||35 – b||36 – c||37 – a||38 – a||39 – a||40 – c|
|41 – d||42 – c||43 – b||44 – b||45 – a||46 – c||47 – c||48 – c||49 – a||50 – d|
- Printer speed matters on how many characters it can print in a minute or for faster printers, how many pages it can print in a minute. Thus, b. PPM (Page per Minute) is the correct answer.
- Joysticks are cursor control devices like mouse that are used in gaming. It sends instructions to the computer so that user can instruct movements and clicks on the screen. Thus, it is an input device.
- The full form of CAD is computer aided design. It is the use of computer systems to aid in the creation, modification, analysis, or optimization of a design. If you work in the architecture, MEP, or structural engineering fields, you’ve probably used 2D or 3D CAD programs. These programs can help you explore design ideas, visualize concepts through photorealistic renderings, and simulate how a design will perform in the real world. AutoCAD software was the first CAD program, and it is still the most widely used CAD application.
- The ratio mentioning horizontal pixels by vertical pixels such as 1024 x 800 is known as aspect ratio. PPM – Page per minute, DPI – Dots per inch and BIT – Binary digits are completely irrelevant to the context. Thus, option a. Aspect Ratio is the correct answer.
- In ASCII table, the character ‘a’ is coded as 65. Please refer to http://www.theasciicode.com.ar/ascii-printable-characters/capital-letter-a-uppercase-ascii-code-65.html for complete ASCII codes.
- Central Processing Unit comprises to the control unit, arithmetic and logical unit and memory unit. But the option c. Hard Disk is a secondary storage device or the backup storage device. Thus it is not within CPU in computer architecture.
- Among the given options, DVD, Hard Disk, RAM and Cache, the option d. Cache is the fastest memory. DVD is the slowest and Hard Disks are slower than RAM. Between RAM and Cache the later is faster. RAM are not fast enough to cope up the speed of processors. To meet the speed requirement a small high speed memory is placed in between RAM and Processor so that the RAM and Cache combined can serve processor speed.
- In one second there are 1000 milliseconds. So, in 10 seconds there are 10 x 1000 = 10000 milli-seconds.
- POST stands for Power on Self Test. POST is a process in booting that checks every devices connected to find if they are in working condition or not. If it finds any device not working, it will report the error; otherwise proceed to load system files so that computer gets booted.
- Usually bound transmission media are faster than the unbound ones. Satellite is slower as it’s nature. Microwave are faster than satellite connection but can’t surpass the cables. Cat6 cables are much faster and popular in local area networks. But Optical fiber cables are the fastest as it uses the light technology rather than electricity. In Fiber Optics, the photons (light pulses) travel to represent data while in others it is the electrons. As you know light travels much faster than electricity.
- IP Address in version 4 such as 192.168.32.15 comprises of 32 bits or 4 octets (each one separated by a dot) which means 4 bytes. So option c. 4 Bytes is correct answer.
- Optical fiber contains a glass tube covered with protective cover. Because the light pulses travel in fiber optics, it is less prone to EMI (electro-magnetic interference). Obviously it can transmit to longer distance and can offer much more bandwidth when compared with copper wires. But the cable and other required equipments for fiber optics are much more expensive. Thus, option c. is correct answer for this question.
- For Class C networks or Class 3 networks first 3 octets (first 24 bits) are allocated to represent network while the last octet represents the host (PC or network device). Thus the default subnet mask for class 3 network is 255.255.255.0
Subnet mask 255.0.0.0 is for class A network
Subnet mask 255.255.0.0 is for Class B network
Subnet mask 255.255.255.0 is for class C network
- In DOS we use ‘copy’ command to copy files. Type command is used to display the contents of a file. REN command changes the name of file (rename). DISKCOPY is to copy entire disks and create a duplicate disk.
- Copying hidden system files to another disk means we need to create a boot disk or we need to transfer system files to the new disk and for that the command required is SYS. Thus option b. sys is the correct answer. COPY command is to copy files not the hidden system files. REN command is the rename a file. DISKCOPY is to create the duplicate disk. Diskcopy will copy everything not only the hidden system files.
- Because we require to delete the directory, option b. Del and option e. Erase are invalid. The option c. Deltree has /f option with it which is to delete files. Thus option a. Deltree is correct answer.
- The given option a. FDISK is used to partition disks not to check and fix errors. We don’t have any command like FIXDISK as in option d. Between option b. CHECKDISK and option c. SCANDISK, I’ll choose SCANDISK as correct answer. Though newer version of Windows supports chkdsk command and they are much improved but the question contains scandisk as an option so, it’s an old question.
- There is no file in DOS named run.bat and config.bat. So option a & b are invalid. Config.sys file contains the configuration details that are loaded after the booting. Autoexec.bat is a program file in DOS that runs automatically when computer is booted. Thus option d. Autoexec.bat is the correct answer.
- Undelete/all is the command that lists all files that are deleted. Option ‘a’ and option ‘c’ will try to recover all the files.
- Macros are the small programs in Office applications to automate repeating tasks. Templates are stored content and formats so that you can create frequently required objects quickly. Mail Merge is the process of merging the data source with main document so that you can send same letter to multiple recipients at once. Thus, option b. mail merge is the correct answer.
- Superscript is not font style. It is font effect. Regular, Bold and Italics are the font styles.
- Page Setup dialog box contains options for changing margins. Thus Option ‘c’ is the correct answer.
- In MS Word, Ctrl+F9 is used to insert field code. Alt+F9 toggles the field code or field value. F9 key updates the fields. Shift+F9 display the field code of selected field only. So, option a. Alt+F9 is the correct answer.
- Tab stop buttons are on the left of horizontal ruler. Split buttons are on the top of vertical scroll bar and to the right of horizontal scroll bar. View buttons are to the left of horizontal scroll bar and Indicators are on the status bar. So, option c. View buttons is the correct answer.
- Go to Format » Dropcap menu and in the Dropcap dialog box choose Dropped preset then increase the ‘lines to drop’ spinner box. The maximum number you can select there is 10. Thus option b. 10 is the correct answer.
- Ctrl + H displays the find and replace dialog box. Ctrl +F is for Find. Ctrl + R aligns paragraph to the right. Ctrl+Shift+F opens Fonts dialog box. So, option c. Ctrl+H is the correct answer.
- You can select the character and then press Ctrl+Shift+= to superscript it. So option b. is the correct answer.
- By default MS Word has 1 inch top margin, 1 inch bottom margin and portrait in orientation. Thus all of above is the correct answer.
- F7 key is used to check spelling errors. Alt +F7 opens spelling & grammar context menu. Shift+F7 opens thesaurus. Thus option a. F7 is the correct answer.
- Gutter margin is the extra space specified for binding purpose. It can be on the left, right, top or bottom depending upon the orientation and whether single or both face printing. So, for easy understanding, gutter is margin that is added to the binding side of a page when printing.
- Normal, Expanded and Condensed are the options available for character spacing in Font dialog box. So option c. Loosely is not available.
- Columns are generally of two types, newspaper style and parallel. For parallel style columns we can use Table in MS Word. And for newspaper style column we have Columns command. So option ‘b’ is correct for this question.
- If both the column name and row number of a cell reference are fixed, it is known as absolute reference. To indicate the column name or row number can’t change, we use $ symbol before the name or number. For example $A$1. So it is option ‘a’ correct!
- Accessing is acquiring reach up to the required place. Referencing means point to some object in another place (you know cell references, don’t you?). Updating is to change value to reflect present context. Functioning probably means operating. Among the given options b. Referencing is the correct answer.
- Though the number of available rows in 2007 and later are increased significantly, however, in Excel 2003, we have only 65636 (it’s a special number isn’t it? Do you know why 2^16 is special?)
- Array formula allows you to perform multiple calculations in a single cell. So option c. Array Formula is the correct answer.
- Simply dragging can select adjacent cells in Excel. But if you need to select multiple non-adjecent cells, you can hold CTRL key and click/drag the required cells.
- In excel we have =COUNTIF() function that counts based on condition specified. Thus, option ‘a’ is the correct answer.
- You can create a chart in separate sheet known as chart sheets. However if you prefer to embed the chart in worksheet itself, you can use embedded chart.
- In Excel we have Conditional functions (IF, COUNTIF etc.), Statistical Functions (MAX, MIN, AVEREAGE etc.), Financial Functions (PV, FV, PMT etc.) but there’s no Graphical functions. So, option ‘c’ is correct answer.
- MID() is a text function that extracts from specified character position (first argument) the specified number of characters (the second argument). So in question =mid(“regression”,3,2), it needs to extract 2 characters from 3rd Thus the result will be ‘gr’
- Data validation is the technique that defines a set of values acceptable for the field. Verification is to check whether the given data is suitable or not. Acceptance is to receive given data. Setting is the configuration values. So, option ‘c’ is correct answer.
- Values in Primary key field must be unique. Thus, obviously option ‘b’ is correct answer.
- Selecting simply means select the cells to perform some action. Filtering is to display only those records that meet the specified criteria. Separating and Differentiating is not any technical term in spreadsheet calculation.
- Commands for selecting, inserting, deleting or altering data records are Data Manipulation commands, while creating tables, queries, forms or reports are Data Definition Commands. From among the given options, creating tables is DDL.
- In SQL we have JOIN command which is used to combine the records from one or more table. Thus, option ‘c’ is correct answer.
- You can print upto 9 slides per page in PowerPoint
- Because Ctrl+N creates a new presentation file, PowerPoint has given Ctrl+M to create new slide in existing presentation.
- Other options are invalid. Layout is the arrangement of elements such as Title and Subtitle Text, Pictures, Tables etc.
- Hahahaaa… this appears to be default question from powerpoint in every exam. F5 key is used to start a slide show!
Download PDF file of this page
I’ve uploaded the PDF file of this page in SlideShare. Please visit following link and click on Download button to get the PDF file.