Solved question paper of Nepal Police, Information Technology (Computer) examination conducted on 17th Bhadra 2074.
Public Service Commission
Written Examination of
Nepal Police, Technical, Information Technology/Computer
Time: 30 minutes
Full Marks: 50
Subject: Technical Theoretical Knowledge
It is mandatory to write Question Paper Key on answer sheet. Failing to do so will disqualify the exam. Calculators, mobiles are not allowed to use in exam hall.
Multiple Choice (25 x 2 = 50 marks)
1. Which of the following is not processing?
2. .rtf file extension is related to
a. rich text file
b. read text file
c. rich text format
d. read text format
3. The ....folder is the default place that most applications want to store data files in.
a. Start Menu
b. Recycle Bin
c. Program Files
d. My Documents
4. What is the meaning of "Hibernate" in Windows XP / Windows 7?
a. Restart the computer in safe mode
b. Restart the computer in hibernate mode
c. Shutdown the computer without closing the running applications
d. Shutdown the computer terminating all the running applications
5. The cell reference for a range of cells that starts in cell C1 and goes over to column H and down to row 10 is
6. ….controls the way in which the computer system functions and provides a means by which users can interact with the computer
b. Operating System
c. Application Software
7. Shortcut key to split a table
a. Ctrl + Alt + Enter
b. Ctrl + Shift + Enter
c. Alt + Shift + Enter
d. Alt + Space + Enter
8. Which of the following options is not an option
in the print dialogue box?
a. Print selected pages
b. Print selected text
c. Set the paper orientation
d. Collate copies
9. What is the smallest and largest font size tool on Formatting toolbar of MS Word?
a. 8, 68
b. 6, 68
c. 8, 72
d. 7, 72
10. With which view we can see how text and
graphics will appear in the printed page?
b. Print layout
d. Web layout
11. The background of the word file
a. is always white in color
b. depends upon the setting done under options menu
c. can have any color you choose
d. none of the above
12. The default header for a worksheet is
a. Page number
b. Date and time
c. Sheet tab name
d. None of the above
13. =SUM(B1:B8) is an example of a
c. Cell address
14. What is the quickest way to select entire
a. Choose Edit, Select All from the menu
b. Click on the first column, press Ctrl and then click on the last column
c. Click on the first column, press Shift and then click on the last column
d. Click on the rectangle box on the upper left corner where column headings and row heading meet
15. What function displays row data in a column or column data in a row?
16. In Excel sheet, the range from D1 through D6 is denoted as
c. D1 to D6
17. Which of the following is concatenating operator?
18. “Hide Slide” is used to hide the selected slides during
19. What is the shortcut key to start presentation from current slide?
c. Ctrl + F5
d. Shift + F5
20. MS-PowerPoint is a … software.
a. Word Processing
b. Electronic Spreadsheet
d. Database Management System
21. Each time you turn the power switch on, which control files the computer will check?
a. Command.com, IO.sys
b. Command.com, dat.com, dir.com
c. command.com, io.sys, msdos.sys
22. Which of the following is not anti-virus software?
d. Quick Heal
23. The main directory of a disk is called
a. root directory
c. folder director
d. network directory
24. Which of the following storage media provides sequential access only?
a. Floppy disk
b. Magnetic disk
c. Magnetic tape
d. Optical disk
25. What is the name given to the values that are automatically provided by software to reduce keystrokes and improve a computer user’s productivity?
a. Fixed values
b. Defined values
c. Default values
d. Special values