HERE ARE THE answers and explanation to the third set of Computer Operator MCQ Practice Sheets 75-03. I have created a short video explaining each question and why the particular answer is is correct. Enjoy the video.
Following is the textual presentation of correct answers and explanation to Computer Operator MCQ Practice Sheet 75-03. The correct answers are marked with blue color. Explanation of each question is marked with green color.
You can download this solution as PDF file. Please find the link at the bottom of this post.
Computer Operator MCQ Practice Sheet 75-03
- Which of the following is an example of automatic text formatting?
a. Underlining hyperlink
b. Adjusting extra space
c. Replacing two-‘s with a hyphen
d. All of the above
Explanation: When you enable options in Auto Format, which is enabled by default, MS Word will underline hyperlinks, adjust extra space and replace two –‘s with a hyphen automatically. Please refer the image below.
- What type of computers are client computers (most of the time) in a client-server system?
b. Mainframe computer
Explanation: In client-server computing environment often microcomputers or personal computers are used as clients. Because Mainframe and Mini computers are expensive and have more processing power, they are used as servers.
- Which of the following command is used to close the active window?
b. CTRL+ F5
d. None of the above
Explanation: Ctrl+F4 closes the active window or document window. Other options are not relevant.
- Which of the following software applications would be the most appropriate for performing the numerical and statistical calculation?
b. Document processor
c. Graphics package
Explanation: Spreadsheet applications such as MS Excel is most appropriate for performing the numerical and statistical calculation.
- Special effects used to introduce slides in the presentation are called.
c. Custom animation
d. Presentation animation
Explanation: Slide Transition are the special effects used to introduce slides in presentation show. Custom animation are the effects applied to the different objects of a slide and they run when the slide is being presented.
- Which of the following file system is best suitable for larger volumes such as 1TB?
a. FAT 16
b. FAT 32
Explanation: NTFS file system can support larger volumes and thus it is suitable for 1TB hard disks.
- The one essential folder in any storage device is called?
a. Parent directory
d. Root directory
Explanation: Every disk has one essential folder which is created while formatting disk is called root directory. All the directories and subdirectories are inside that root directory.
- Checks the network address of source and destination contained in the packet.
Explanation: Router is network connection device. It is a layer 3 device in OSI model. The function of Router is to check the source and destination network address (IP Address) and forward packet to the best possible route in the network.
- Which is not a valid attribute for attribute setting?
Explanation: You can make a file hidden, system, read-only and achieve. For that, we have H (hidden), S (system), R (read-only) and A (archive) attributes. There is no file attribute such as C.
- To delete a particular column in a relation, the command used is
Explanation: Deleting a column in a table is changing the database structure. Thus we need DDL command. We use ‘ALTER TABLE tableName DROP columnName’ statement delete a column. So, Alter is the correct answer.
- Visit MCQ Practice Sheet 75-01
- Visit Solution to 75-01
- Visit MCQ Practice Sheet 75-02
- Visit Solution to 75-02
- Visit MCQ Practice Sheet 75-03
- Solution to 75-01 Download PDF
- Solution to 75-02 Download PDF
- Solution to 75-03 Download PDF