Often in interviews, we are asked how the printers are shared in networks? What could be the best way to tackle this question?
by: Prem Sagar
By local printer, we understand a printer connected to a local PC. When there are multiple computers in a network that require
To share local printer all we need to do is enable sharing for that printer and install it
To enable sharing,
- Go to Devices and Printers in Control Panel
- Open the Printer Properties dialog box
- In the Sharing tab of Printer Properties dialog box mark the checkbox labelled 'Share this printer'
- If you wish rename the Printer. It is the name with what the printer is identified in network.
- Click OK to apply settings.
To access network printer from client computers,
- Access the computer in which the printer is connected. You can enter the IP Address or Computer Name in the address bar of explorer window or Run dialog box.
- You'll see the shared printer name in the window. Double click the printer icon.
- It will confirm you to install required drivers. Click Yes.
- When done you'll see the Spooler window opened. Now you can send print to the printer from that client PC.
Apart from the local printer, you can share a printer in the network through Print Server too! For